Sunday, March 14, 2010

Totally on Target


Our relationship has been quite the roller coaster of love lately.

First you brought me my favourite skincare and bodycare products from the UK's famous Boots The Chemist and even high end skincare from Origins, Bumble and Bumble, and StriVectin.

Then we hit a low with your awful selection of Ed Hardy products and an assortment of trucker hats.
But you made up for the misstep with a fabulous grouping from Smith and Hawken for the garden, a surprisingly copious selection of independent films, and fabulous frames from Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic collection. You one-uped yourself with collections of clothing by Isaak Mizrahi and Loomstate, and then even the great dreamer Alexander McQueen.

Then inexplicably you showed more Ed Hardy "stuff" and I thought we were over. But then just last week you launched a special collection by Jean Paul Gaultier.

And today you launched your Liberty of London collection exclusively for Target. I must say that right after church, I stopped in to view for myself and left with a fabulous navy blue and white floral print shirt, some vivid red and white boxers, a picture frame, and some garden gloves. And don't be surprised when I come back to visit you and leave with a few pillows, possibly a quilt, another picture frame, a lamp shade, some hat boxes, a decorative platter and tray, and some plastic tumblers.

I love you. I love you. I love you! And it's definitely a British love affair. Cheers Target! I'll see you soon.

PS - since you're loving this AngloMania, how about a partnership with Marks & Spencer for some Percy Pigs, real Cadbury eggs, Walkers' salt and vinegar crisps, and orange Tango. That would be ab.fab.

No comments: