Monday, January 17, 2011

Luxe Looks and Loves

Shirts and ties with vneck sweaters. Flip your cuff up just a little to expose some color and continuity from your collar. Looks great with your favourite denim and luxe loafers for a casually elegant night out.

I don't know why, but I love designer sneakers. Dior Homme always have the most desired metallics, and Dolce & Gabbana constantly play it cool.

Love sailing or yachting inspired outerwear. And in frigid winter weather, you'll appreciate those water resistant techno fabrics, Velcro tab cuffs, and double layered collars with hoods. Protect yourself in style.

Vintage accessories are back and bolder than ever before. Slim, but not skinny, knit ties. Vintage with a story and real character are all the rage - think of your Grandfather's cuff links or your Mother's favorite necklace. Ralph Lauren catalogue's the most storied pieces at his RRL stores. Catherine in West Hollywood's store will guide you tissues the Rolex officer's pocket watches from the 30s and 40s.

Speaking of watches, I can't get enough of the Bottega Veneta unisex BVX watch. 41mm of fabulosity and extreme luxury, everything about it screams timeless sexiness.



When the smartcar came to the states, it definitely made me nostalgic for Europe, but not enough to buy. The Mini Cooper got me actually seeing myself in the British classic. But I still didn't jump. But Fiat's 500? I think I'm ready to line up. Especially if my favourite Italian denim range Diesel brings their limited edition. Come se dice "style and class on the freeway"?!

No comments: