-- I can't get enough of Santa Maria Novella, the storied Florentine bath and body purveyor. It's not cheap, and you know you always get what you pay for. Once you have tried Santa Maria Novella's Pomegranate soap, it is impossible to imagine ever using anything else. Triple milled, each exquisite bar is hand molded one by one using 19th century equipment, aged for 60 days in ventilated cabinets, and then hand-wrapped. The all-natural whole milk formula is infused with the classic Florentine scent of pomegranate oil for a lather that is rich, gentle and softly moisturizing. And because each soap is hand pressed, all Santa Maria Novella soaps will last about three times longer than ordinary soaps while maintaining their shape and scent, preventing that icky mushy pile most consider "soap". Suitable for all skin types.
-- I love Porsche Design - they make the coolest, most well done products. From kitchen knives to kicks, from covers for the car to your iPad, you can't go wrong with something from the German design firm.
-- Geneva Sound System - take your iPod to the iMax. Small system, big sound. Winner of the 2010 I.D. International Design Magazine Consumer Products Award, this small but mighty hi-fi system offers superb musical fidelity and the most versatility in its class. Minimal design packs maximum patented technology including invisible TouchLight controls, PowerDock connector for iPod/iPhone and digital clock radio with programmable alarm for radio, ipod or iphone. Energy-saving design consumes 80% less power than conventional audio devices. Sleek all-white high density polyresin hybrid with genuine piano lacquer finish. Perfect space-saving size for office, bedroom, shelf, tabletop, countertop. Optional table stand and remote included.
- High density composite resin with lacquer finish
- High fidelity sound in petite minimalist cabinet
- Plays iPod/iPhone, radio & alarm clock
- Seamless surface means no unsightly buttons
- Backlit TouchLight controls brighten on contact - full menu control of iPod, unique to Geneva
- Motorized PowerDock spins closed when iPod/iPhone not in use
- Stereo mini line-in jack for external audio (computer, MP3, TV, etc.)
- Digital radio with 6 presets
- Digital clock with alarm - wake to iPod, radio or beep
- Two 3" full-range speakers, individually powered
- Two digital, energy-efficient 15W amplifiers (30W total output)
- LED display for time, mode, track, volume
- Optional stand and remote control included
- Made in China
Note: This item is UL-Listed and manufactured in compliance with U.S. standards. If you are purchasing this item for use outside of the U.S. or Canada, use only with the appropriate outlet adaptor and voltage converter for your country. Do not plug into an electrical outlet higher than 110-120V as this could result in fire and/or injury.
I've seen this for sale at CB2, Design Within Reach, and Fred Segal.
-- Fortnum & Mason might possibly house everything delicious on earth. I especially love their jams, marmalade, and preserves. Each Christmas, they create the most lovely decadence, tucked smartly into a hamper (that's basket for my North American readers). £55.00 gets you a taste of several favourite things, including three classic loose-leaf teas, a St James Christmas pudding, handmade preserves, the exclusive chocolate bar and a bottle of rather good Cotes du Rhone.