Thursday, February 4, 2010

Animal Cruelty

A few years ago I bought a tshirt from Abercrombie & Fitch's now-no-longer Ruehl. It had a picture of a woman with a giant fur hat, full length fur coat, and leather boots on. The small caption next to her said, "Animal Cruelty? Screw it - I look good".

Apparently this is the mentality of many Italians I've seen over the last few weeks. Whether it's giant fur hats, big fur coats, leather boots, leather jackets, fur and leather purses - excess is en vogue.

I could understand wearing a fur hat or coat if there were incredibly cold temperatures - but it's been in the 50s! Obviously there is less of a social stigma with fur and fashion than there is in the United States. Granted, we see fur there as well - but not nearly to the extent that of the Europeans.

On another note - nearly all the fur I've seen has been simply fabulous.

No comments: