Monday, February 22, 2010

Fashion's Question of the Day

I was talking to a friend this morning, and I could tell that they were feeling a little overwhelmed and definitely in need of a vacation. It seems like we're all working harder than ever, for more hours each day, with less payoff.

There's an advertisement on the Armed Forces Network with First Lady Michelle Obama and Second Lady (if that's what the Vice President's wife is called) Jilly Biden. In the commercial, the main message is this: never before has so much been asked of so few. (Our American Military is smaller than traditionally, and is engaged and needed in more missions than ever before.)

So I said to my friend, "Are you living to work, or working to live"? This made me think of another question, but with a fashion twist.

The question of the day then: "Are you dressing for work, or working to dress?" When you work to dress, you know you love fashion. As if it wasn't obvious, I work to dress.

No comments: