Well hello, my friends! After a few hundreds of entries here at Thirsty.Threads, I thought we all needed a little break. I remember when Galliano first came out with Dior's coveted Saddle Bags - there was so much excitement and furvor. But after the countless collections featuring the same bags, we were all over them. So I thought a month off would be fitting for us all.
With that being said, I'm combining two of my favourite articles into one - my annual gift giving suggestions, paired with the things I love. Because after all, they're one in the same.
- Malin and Goetz Peppermint Hair Shampoo (US$20 from www.malinandgoetz.com). This amazing shampoo lathers, making mountains of suds and brings a deep clean. Plus the menthol tingles and really wakes you up.
- Prada camouflage card case (US$180). featuring 2 card slots, this camo printed leather case is made in Italia and is the perfect way to present your business cards and make your network not so behind the scenes.
- Burberry cashmere robe (US$2250). luxuriate to the nth degree with this shawl collar robe. features banded cuffs, tie waist, and patch pockets at the hip.
- Louis Vuitton Guide Books (US$34 each or US$135 for 9 European Cities collection). I've written about these books before. They're amazing. Exclusively at Louis Vuiton worldwide.
- Beaver lined Field Jacket from Marc Jacobs (US$2500). Military Inspiration + Safari utility + supreme everyday elegance + ultimate luxury = this jacket. Marc Jacobs rocks, and so does this jacket.
- I rarely like entire collections from designers. But I'm loving Michael Bastian for Gant, Thom Browne's Gamme Bleu collection for Moncler, Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton, and of course the great Mason Martin Margiella.
- Diamond Love Letter necklace from Roberto Coin ( about US$460). Roberto began sells his master crafted creations in 1977 in Vicenza, the city of gold. Enough said.
- the original Huntress Boot by Hunter Boots (US$125). They're good enough for the Queen. Literally. And they're smart design is street chic as well - including the shorter height to prevent pinching at the knee. Function meets Fashion.
- AirEssence by Agraria (US$110). These fragrance diffusers are sourced in Provence and contain only the most fragrant ingredients and oil - so they last much longer and smell much better than virtually every other fragrance diffuser on the market. My favourites include: Lime & Orange Blossoms, Balsam, and Mission Fig. For a generous selection, visit The Villa in Winter Park, Fl.; The Retail Shop at The Cloisers on Sea Island, Ga.; C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries nationwide; Fortnum & Mason, Piccadilly, UK; and Peter's of Kensington, Sydney, Australia.
- 8-cup, double-walled French Press by Bodum (US$99). I love iced coffee. So give this little gem, and then make her the most amazing iced cafe. It's simple.
- Tarn Vest by Moncler (US$1150). I've had a love affair with Moncler for years. The iconic French outerwear again marries fashion and function with this most amazing finesse and beautiful form.
- upgrade your bathroom situation. at your place. for her. get a new shower curtain and liner, better lighting, a pretty yet functional mirror, some apothecary jars stocked with essentials, new linens and towels, and give the whole place a good, deep cleaning. I love the bathroom stock from CB2 and especially the towels from Garnier-Thiebaut.
- plan a day at the spa. my favourite spa is the Bliss Spa. and they've got locations everywhere you want to be. or should be.
for the host/hostess:
- recyclable produce bags from Branch Home (US$11 for a set of 5). Stop wasting plastic bags at the supermarket; keep your produce organized at the farmers market; use them to store your shoes whilst traveling.
- Skybar Wine Bottle Travelers (US$19,95). Keeps wine (or prosecco or champagne) chilled for hours, protected, and makes a brilliant accessory for the evening. Also makes great host or hostess gifts.
- J.Me Seville Orange Marmalade by Jamie Oliver (US$19.95). The English make the best marmalade, and this definitely packs a delicious punch. Delicious on toast, french toast, over chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream, and when heated on the stove with some powdered sugar, makes the most amazing glaze for brownies, cookies, doughnuts, and virtually anything.
for the ones you really love: my favourite watches for both men and women are from Zenith; I dream of taking every itinerary offered from Abercrombie & Kent; I'd love to live in the Waldorf=Astoria hotels for a month; the Imperial Hamper from Fortum & Mason; a shiny red Vespa; personalised luggage from Goyard;
multipurpose gifts for everyone: you can never go wrong with gift cards to Starbucks or iTunes; a delicious sampling of your favourite foods; fresh flower arrangements from B. Brooks.
'tis the season to be jolly. so dawn your season's best, put on your happy face, and celebrate the reason for the season. remember my favourite F's: good food and good fashion with good friends and good family.
PS: I'd like to give a shout out to Josette at Armani and Mike at Gucci in Chicago, Jase at Armani in Beverly Hills, and both Catherine at RRL and Paul at Varvatos in West Hollywood.