Wednesday, February 24, 2016

take a NApp.

There are three hot topics on my mind:

-- the iPhone revolutionized my life.  Plain and simple.  Point and click.  And for nearly every task, "there's an app for that!"

-- Nespresso revolutionized my life.  Nestle, the parent company, buys nearly 1/3 of the world's coffee, and reserves the top 1% for their own brand.  Beans are expertly ground and hermetically sealed for ultimate freshness and convenience.  Each machine has 19 bars of pressure and a flash heating system, delivering a perfect, hot espresso each and every time.  And those capsules are delivered right to your front door the very next day, and cost less than a buck.  I've been a fan, and will continue to sing their praises (and dedicate nearly each of my Nespresso daily on my personal Facebook page).

-- I love Naps.  They are the ultimate luxury, and make any day better.

Put them all together and you get, what I'm calling, NApp. 



Today, Nespresso launches their newest machine, Prodigio.  From what I can tell, it's an upgraded version of their tried-and-true Citiz, with a mind of it's own.  With the new Nespresso application, you'll get updates on everything from machine maintenance, reminders when to descale or order more capsules, and can even control the machine and set timers to brew Nespresso automatically, as if the 30 seconds it takes to prepare a Nespresso were so last season

In all fairness, I do see one problem: there's no internal housing for capsules inside the machine, so you'll have to "preload" the machine each evening, if you utilize the automatic brewing feature.  But, I still think it's a pretty novel feature.  Or at least a cool party trick.

How do you Nespresso?

No comments: