Monday, December 21, 2009

It's just Ducky


So I had been lusting for several pairs of Cole, Rood, and Haan shoes. The vintage 1920s Chicago jazz scene inspired collection is the higher end, hand made in Italy, full of charm range-within-a-range of Cole Haan. Think of the love child of John Varvatos and John Lobb - and you've got the right thoughts of CRH.

So I ordered the first shoe that I just had to have - the Ducky - and I'm in love.

HIGHLIGHTS

Genuine handsewn moccasin construction hand-crafted of vegetable tanned Italian leather on upper, sock and sole
Unlined upper
Heel counter lined in blood red suede
Hidden elasticized goring for laceless wear
Antique brass heel tacks
Raw sole edge finish
Embossed logo on footbed and outsole

The only thing I wish I would have known - is the shoe's size definitely runs on the large side. I normally take either an 11 or 11,5 - so I ordered the 11 to be safe (or so I thought) - but in all honesty, the 10 would have been perfect for me. But, after wearing the shoe for a few hours, and seeing that the only remaining size is an 8 - I think I'll be keeping these coveted shoes and looking for some good shoe inserts and thick socks to make up the difference!

Casual, comfortable, elegant, and incredibly fashion forward - everything you could hope for in a shoe. Whether with denim and tshirt, or to add a splash of character to a khaki suit in the summer - I'll be sporting these CRH shoes for many seasons to come!

No comments: