Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miansai Bracelets for Men


I've spoken frequently about loving the aesthetic of men wearing multiple bracelets. Mixing and matching fabrics and textures - like pairing your Grandfather's Zenith watch with a woven sailor style bracelet or a leather wrapped cord style bracelet with equestrian inspired hardware from Hermes with a brightly coloured techno-fabric ribbon bracelet.

I've just discovered Miansai. And to be honest - I'm impressed. I've yet to see their work in person, but I love the pictures and love the story. The pricepoint is very affordable, the colours and styles available extensive, and the aesthetic pleasing.

MICHAEL ANDREW SAIGER
DESIGNER/FOUNDER

Twenty-three year old native New Yorker, Michael Andrew Saiger grew an appreciation for WWII relics and paraphernalia at a very young age. As a child, he was surrounded by his mother's collection of antique auction finds and quickly developed a fascination for historic curiosities. His earliest and most memorable influences ranged from old knives and BB guns, to Indian motorcycle parts and a helicopter propeller.

As a young adult, Michael studied Sports Management at the University of Miami, modeled and traveled the world. After years of eye-opening experiences in Europe, Peru and Costa Rica, Michael fused his worldly style with his affinity for past treasures. The outcome? An eclectic and elegant line of vintage-inspired jewelry, which he proudly calls MIANSAI.

The MIANSAI philosophy is the more worn, the better. "Every piece has its own rich history," says Michael. "All my designs, especially the more controversial ones, are meant to get people talking. It's almost like the pieces themselves have a secret or a story to tell. Keeping that in mind, I try to find each relic in its natural habitat. That way it maintains a raw integrity, a quality I hold high when I create my designs.

No comments: