Friday, September 10, 2010

Stand Up 2 Cancer




Today is the second anniversary broadcast of Stand Up 2 Cancer. It will be on every network that matters at 8 PM EST.

For as long as I can remember, my Mother had skin cancer. Trips to the dermatologist, surgery, radiation, and other treatments became the norm. But she never let cancer stop her from living. She was a quiet fighter. She was born with Polio, but that didn't stop her from walking normally. In 2006, the cancer spread to her brain and lungs. I moved home to help care for her, stopped living for me, and started living for her. In April 2007, my Mom died. I've begun living for me again, and definitely live for her now. In her honor, I stand up to cancer. And although she didn't know it, I think Meryl Streep did this for my Mom. Join me. Spread the word. Donate now. And Stand Up 2 Cancer!

And a crazy thought? If all of my facebook friends donated $12.23, we collectively would raise more than $10,000 for cancer research and advocacy. To those who have donated already, I thank you. To those who haven't, $12 is less than 3 grande drinks at Starbucks.

To those who have donated to my team, I thank you. If you are considering a donation, please donate to my team. I'm trying to raise $10,000 in honor of my Mom and all the fabulous women in my life who have battled this awful disease. This is where the end of cancer begins: http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/custom/?c=team&a=index&id=4007

No comments: