Thursday, July 24, 2008

Today is a special day.

I am going to tell you a story. A love story, actually. Every year, there are items I lust after. It might be the Maserati Quattroporte. Or the MacBook Air. Or any number of the Bang & Olufsen electronics. Regardless, there are lots of things I lust after. Mostly, I only dream of owning these things, as they are almost always incredibly expensive, very difficult to find, and usually all of the items are accounted for through long-standing waiting lists.

Last year, one of my favorite designers upped the fashion ante. Muccia Prada announced last February that she was joining forces with a world renown company. Who you ask? I'll give you a hint. She wasn't collaborating with Meredes-Benz to make the most luxuriously fashionable automobile. And she wasn't lending her designs to Design Within Reach, even though she would make one damn sexy couch. Muccia Prada announced that she was working with none other than the mobilephone giant LG to offer the world's first designer, totally touch screened interface, mobilephone. After hearing this news, I had to see one. I had to touch one. I was in love. Or lust. Who knows. All that mattered was I wanted one of my very own.

Flash forward to last week. My not-so-well-designed Motorola Razor phone was acting up. For those who don't know me very well, it might be understood that I sort of text message a few times per day. Ok, that's an understatement - I text ALL the time. Nonetheless, my #2 key and #5 key were not functioning properly. Do you know how hard it is to send a text without using the letters A, B, C, or J, K, L?! I had to do something about this.

So I began searching for new phones. As with every purchase, I wanted to do my homework, and make sure whatever phone I purchased would meet all of my demands, be durable, and hopefully last a long time. After much searching, I thought I had decided on getting the new iPhone. Only problem - I didn't exactly want to sign a 2 year contract with AT&T. I love AT&T, don't get me wrong, but I think I love them because I'm no longer in a contract with them, so on the rare chances that I do have an issue with them, AT&T likes to jump through hoops to make me happy so I don't just shut off my service with them...

So, what could be better than the iPhone you ask? THE PRADA PHONE! I ordered the new Prada phone. And thanks to our friends at American Express and the Centurion Bank, I was able to use rewards points towards this most important purchase, and only had to pay $100! (Pretty amazing, since the phone debuted around 10 times that price!).

Not only is the phone smaller than the iPhone (a good thing), but it comes in a great leather case with a discrete logo (you know how I feel about logos), has the most wonderful German Schneider Kreuznach camera lens, and countless other high-tech features.

The phone is charging next to me now. I never thought I'd think this, but DAMN THIS PHONE IS SEXY!

Sorry. I must go now. Fashion calls.

No comments: