Plain and simple. Ten terrific treats for the lovely ladies in your life. In no particular order.
1. Kenneth Jay Lane cocktail ring. 22-karat electroplated gunmetal with Swarovski® crystal insets. Faux amethyst center stone. Made in the USA. $165. Neiman Marcus.
2. "Lady D" by Dior. Black patent. The most classic, fashion forward, and timeless bag - all at the same time. This handbag was originally made at the request of Madam Chirac for Princess Diana as a symbol of France. It's canage pattern is a Louis XIV pattern, and was the same pattern featured on the golden chairs inside the original House of Dior (located at 30, Avenue Montaigne in Paris). Fit for even the woman-on-the-go, the bag has tiny silver "feet" on the bottom that prohibit the bag from resting on the ground. Stunningly beautiful. About $1,800.
3. Henri Bendel luxe candles. $45. The ultimate ambiance. The ultimate accessory.
4. Lacquered crackle jacket. This stunning jacket takes our breath away. A wearable piece of art (dare we say) in coated wool tweed from one of the world's finest mill's that specializes in the most avante-garde prints. We're smitten. Classic fit. No collar. Straight. Long sleeves. On-seam pockets. Double breasted with patent-leather buttons. Fully lined. Hits at hip. Part of the J.Crew Collection. Import. Dry clean. Catalog/jcrew.com only. $550.
5. Norman Love chocolates. This is the man who invented Godiva Chocolatier's luxe "G" collection. Enough said.
6. Marvis toothpaste. The acquamint is delicious. And makes your teeth sparkle like diamonds. $10.
7. Speaking of diamonds. They really are a girl's best friend. And when dealing with diamonds, the only mistake you can make is going too small is size. Remember - colour, cut, clarity, and carats. And if she's extra special, Cartier.
8. Blood Orange + White Pepper body wash from Bliss. The entire range is absolutely fabulous. But especially the body wash. $24.
9. Flowers. Flowers aren't a traditional holiday gift. So be unconventional and send them at random times. Just because. If you need help picking a florist, let me know.
10. Italian homegoods, accessories, and art are always in style. The best collection outside of Italia is Villa Fiorenza in Winter Park, Florida. Ask for Lael. And tell her Joseph sent you. She'll take care of you. I love the Francesca di Stefano artwork. And the l'Object picture frames. And the handmade ornaments. The list goes on and on and on. I love this store. It's romance. With the villa, you don't just give a gift. You give a memory.