Monday, May 4, 2009

"It takes a lot of money to look this cheap" - The Ms. Dolly Parton

I really wanted to title this entry "things I'm loving" - but I thought I'd switch it up a little and instead include one of my favourite quotes about fashion and appearance from one of the greatest country music stars and fashionistas ever.

So, without delay - the things I'm loving right now, in no particular order of course.


~~ helping clients and friends find the perfect fashion addition - whether a vintage motorcycle jacket, the perfect fitting jean or shoes, or the handbag of their dreams, bringing great pieces to even better people is a fabulous feeling.

~~ the perfect fitting jean - some of my favourite for men include Diesel, Martin & Osa, Roberto Cavalli, Energie, and Rock & Republic. I used to wear a particular style of Lucky Brand Dungarees (which I think was #186 in a city flair fit or something), but they don't make them anymore, so I'm very careful with my last remaining pair. I love denim. Keeping the fit and style in utmost condition, remember to wash your denim as LITTLE as possible. If you stain - treat the stain gently and quickly. If they smell (from smoke at a bar, or from too much wearing) - rinse them in the ocean, hang them in the meadow, or secure them in your convertible automobile and go for a drive.

~~ soft cotton v-neck tshirts. they don't have to be vintage, but I do love vintage shirts. I really like the v-necks from Martin & Osa, American Apparel, the Gap, and Scotch & Soda. For my crew neck tshirts, I love the colours and simplicity of Marc Jacobs' stink rat t's.

~~ L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Summer Limited Edition Fragrance for men.

Two years after the creation of his women's fragrance, Issey Miyake launched his men's fragrance, L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme. Reflecting the principles of his women's scent, it embodies yin and yang, and the extreme polarities of the world. L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme is a fresh yet warm, woody scent, accented with spicy notes. This limited-edition bottle evokes the bright, carefree days of summer with enticing hints of color enlivening its fresh, transparent impression.

Notes: Verbena, Tangerine, Cypress, Yuzu Zest, Coriander, Clary Sage, Geranium Bourbon, Blue Water Lily, Nutmeg, Saffron, Cinnamon Bark from Ceylon, Amber Tobacco, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Musk.Style:A fresh, herbaceous scent with warm, woody undertones.

~~ road trips. there's something to be said for spending some quality time with a friend or two, the open road, and a small bag of wares and toys for an adventure. I'm sensing a road trip / bike trip this summer.

~~ the iPhone. and the iPod. I don't use my iPhone as an iPod, so I must include them both on the list. The iPhone never stops amazing me with its clever capabilities and conveniences. And I do love music.

~~ mexican food. and barbeque. not together. but they might just be my favourite foods. after italian food of course. :-)

No comments: