Tuesday, December 9, 2008

my 2008 Christmas gift suggestion list

I know you've been patiently awaiting my annual Christmas list. Without further delay...




1. The Converse 1HUND(RED) initiative is a year-long global project celebrating our partnership and commemorating the brand's 100th anniversary. We have brought together 100 artists from around the globe to celebrate the artistic spirit and help eliminate AIDS in Africa.

The Chuck Taylor® ALL STAR® x Africa line uses canvas sourced in Africa and features African mudcloth designs, bringing global inspiration to the classic Converse style.


Prefer to do-it-yourself? Build your perfect pair and make a difference with the customizable “MAKE MINE (RED)” option. Turn your favorite kicks into an instrument of global change.


My favourites are # 72 and #75. I wear a US size 11. I don't think these styles have been released yet, so a gift card is optimal. http://www.converse.com/



2. Emporio Armani, Product Red 2-button suit. Was originally US$1,095. Now only US$658. This is absolutely an incredibly deal. So much so that I'm hesitating to even post it publicly, as I don't want it to sell out. Armani suits are top notch, and to add that 40% of the profit are donated directly to combating HIV/aids in Africa, and that it's on sale - wow. I need a size 42R, which they currently have. I know this is a lot to ask for - so gift cards work too.


3. Also from Emporio Armani's Product Red range, the Logo Card Holder is a great accessory as well. I'd love to own it. Originally US$125, now US$75.



4. I'd like a gift subscription please to (red)wire. It's US$5 per month. I get exclusive downloads and lots of other fabulous stuff.
5. Marvis makes the most delicious toothpaste. I love the Acquamint flavour - it's about US$10,50. You can buy it at anthropologie.

6. Gift certificates to Bliss and Sephora are always lovely. I use a lot of products from both of these retailers.

7. I've already got the product red iPod - but I'd love product red iTunes gift cards!

8. Marimekko's hetkia wallhanging. Was originally US$89,95 and now US$39,95. I love these wall hangings - I have a few others that I'm collecting. This piece is one of my favourites, and I've been admiring it for quite some time.

9. I know it's lame to ask for cleaning products for Christmas, but I love Method's entire cleaning range. I buy them at my local Target. So a gift card to Target would be just swell. And speaking of things are Target, I always get my Preserve toothbrushes here, and online they have the Preserve razors I've been looking for. So a Target giftcard would be multifunctional and definitely appreciated.
10. There're 2 pairs of Robert Wayne shoes I'd like from DSW. So a gift card to there would also be enjoyable. (On a side note, I know, I know, I know - "designer" and "warehouse" never go together - but I must say, if you have time to look through the endless inventory, you can randomly find a great shoe at a great price. Don't knock it. It's like a palatable garage sale for shopping addicts!).

11. Cash is always accepted. Happily.

If you see something that I just have to have, by all means - don't let me prohibit you! Christmas isn't about the presents. It's about your presence.

No comments: