Friday, July 10, 2009

the product of the day


I've received the Design Within Reach catalogue for many years now, and I always look forward to flipping through the most amazing designs of furniture, accessories, and things I must have. Inevitably I could spend about US$50,000 from each catalogue in less than an hour or so.

Recently I stopped in DWR's Manhattan Beach location. I must say, if I thought I could spend a lot of money in the catalogue on things I just had to have, being in the store brought my desires to a whole new level. From the most amazing planters to the plushest of carpets, I wanted it all. But the product of the day that is definitely in my future is the Geneva Sound System.

Fill your room with music, not equipment. Presenting quality sound from a piano-lacquered wooden box with CD player, FM radio and iPod dock – all controlled by remote. With two channels and patented algorithms, the Geneva Sound System digitally adapts the left and right signals for a balanced 120-degree sound stage. A 100-watt high fidelity digital amplifier powers the system’s built-in stereo tweeters and woofers, which together deliver the sound performance found in larger systems. Everything you play will be enjoyed with a full range of frequencies – from deep, rich bass to crystal clear highs, without dropping a single note in between. An LED display on the front of the cabinet displays what’s playing. The iPod dock connectors include iPhone, iPod Video, Nano, Photo and Mini. Rubber feet help protect the adjacent surface; a floor stand is available, sold separately.

Now I must take a moment as well to give special highlight to Hillary Shugrue, the Studio Proprietor of DWR Manhattan Beach. Hillary's love of the designs, friendly nature, and product knowledge were truly impressive. She will definitely be the one who provides me business when I'm ready to purchase this incredible sound system. I highly recommend you let Hillary put design within your reach!

No comments: