Friday, August 15, 2008

All good things come to an end...

…but some good things end sooner than they should. I shouldn’t be upset. Afterall, it’s just stuff. But yesterday, it was a big deal. Let me explain. Just a few weeks ago I shared my excitement for the new Prada phone. I was so happy to have it. And yesterday, the phone malfunctioned. Permanently.

It wasn’t getting as good of a signal as I thought the phone should have, so I called AT&T. A long story short, I was instructed to visit my local AT&T store to get a new SIM card installed. Well, five SIM cards later, the phone wasn’t recognizing any SIM cards. It wasn’t receiving any signals. It wasn’t able to dial or receive calls. I was so upset. Something I wanted for so long, just ended so quickly. After some begging and pleading, the good people at American Express are refunding my money. I'll have to wait 4-10 business days after they receive the broken phone. So, as soon as I get my money back, I’ll be buying a different phone. I’ve learned many lessons, and I’m happy to share them with you as well.

1) It’s just stuff. Life has too many important events, people, and places to get upset over simple items. No matter how fashionable they may be.

2) Electronics companies and Fashion icons don’t mix. Sony makes great televisions. Just because they’ve mastered the art of the plasma doesn’t automatically make them fabulous ateliers. I should have known. Even with the help of electronics giant LG, Miuccia Prada knows as much about electronics as I know about building automitive engines.

3) Remaining calm and kind in times of frustration and stress can open the door to making you happier than you could have ever expected or hoped for. Like American Express refunding my money and saving the day.

So, less than 3 weeks into my love affair with the Prada phone, I’m moving on. If something seems too good to be true, it must be. But no matter what phone I may have, fashion will always be calling.

No comments: