Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fashion Rocks!

Peanut butter and jelly. Sonny and Cher. Gabbana and Dolce. Popcorn and movies. Fashion and music. Some things just naturally fit together. Fashion Rocks, a celebration of the love affair between music and fashion, is celebrating it's 5th anniversary. The event will be live September 5th at New York City's famed Radio City Music Hall, but won't are on CBS until Tuesday, September 9th, at 9PM. Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Keith Urban, Mariah Carey, Fergie, Duffy, and so many more. Various fashion designers will be in attendance, but we all know that one thing designers love to be is unpredictable, so no one really knows who from the fashion world will grace us with their presence. And best of all, proceeds benefit the cancer initiative Stand Up 2 Cancer.

So in honor of the event, I want to share my favorite fashion/music products. I can't imagine life without my Product Red iPod video. So tiny. So user friendly. So durable. When on the go, I pair it with Bang and Olufsen's earphones. But when I'm at home, I listen to my iPod on the greatest little device ever. A few years ago, my Mother bought me the Portable Audio Laboratory from Tivoli Audio. The simplistic design, amazing durability, and long-lasting internal battery allow for hours of play. Clear. Crisp. Loud. Just how music should be.

I love music. And I love fashion. I love how they compliment each other. Music heals. Music inspires. Music sets the tone. And fashion rocks. So the next time you want to get energized, fashionable, glamorous, happy, or inspired, put on your favorite outfit and pump up the jams.

No comments: