Thursday, June 11, 2009

The perfect luxe handbag


It's no secret that I've worked in luxury retail for quite some time. And I think it's safe to say I have a fairly qualified eye for luxe goods. I've been a fan of Goyard, Hermes, Dior, Gucci, Prada, Vuitton, and Chanel - the luxe power players. Sometimes I'm surprised by a "lesser luxe" brand, who may be known for great quality, design, style, and price. Sometimes Kenneth Cole, Guess, and others will surprise me. Remember, I'm very picky when it comes to luxury goods, especially handbags.

Tonight, I was very surprised. Cole Haan, the higher end, trendy cousin of Nike, really has hit the mark. There is an orange Ostrich leather handbag that is absolutely stunning. And from Cole Haan.

I'm not kidding. The perfect size, with beautiful pale gold hardware and the most sensually soft suede interior. Braided leather straps, plenty of pockets for organization, and a hook-clip type closure for added security. And of course, Italian made. The bag was moderately priced at US$2700, but is on sale and a steal for US$1400.

A bag of this calibre, this style, this quality, and this construction at a "luxury house" like Dior or Chanel would cost at least four times the price. Again, I can't tell you how fabulous this bag really is in person. And since pictures are worth a thousand words, let me say no more...


No comments: