Wednesday, April 29, 2009

West Third Street, West Hollywood

The Spring Stroll 2009 is coming up this weekend, 2-3 May. Shops on West Third Street, from Fairfax to La Cienega in West Hollywood all participate in this wonderful shopping and culinary delight - offering discounts, specials, and good times.

Why am I excited? Because two of my favourite stores - Douglas Fir and Krisyln Design, are both participating.

I've written about both of these stores before, but they're definitely worth mentioning, and even more so worth visiting. Douglas Fir, with it's fabulous selection of clothing and accessories for men, has an amazing collection - Maison Martin Margiela, Comme des Garcons, Paul Smith, Y's for Men, CP Co, John Smedley knits, Zanone sweaters, Watson and Pastor, and Knotty Pine to name a few. Pay special attention to the eclectic windows, the minimal aesthetic of the store, and the quaint shopping experience. Jonathan, I believe, helped me the last time I was there. You may even see celebrates. Just keep your cool. I know a certain Mr. 007 shops here, as I've seen him personally.

And Krislyn Design. The most amazing floral creations. Dreamlike sculptures. Trees from heaven. I'm not kidding. The most fantasy you could imagine. Before your eyes. When I've visited the store, I leave relaxed, inspired, and wanting everything. And I mean, everything.

So if you're in LA this weekend, be sure to hit West Third Street. And if you're not going to be in SoCal, it's not to late to book a flight. You know I love Delta Airlines. It's not a plane. It's a cocktail party in the sky.


No comments: