Monday, October 20, 2008

Cranberry-a-go-go

It's finally the time of year when cranberries are in season. I love cranberries. The taste. The look. The fragrance. I love the cranberry caipirinha at Circa in Washington DC. I love the new Infiniti FX50 crossover SUV in Cranberry with tan leather interior. I love the Cranberry fragrance at The Body Shop.

Cranberry is a perfect color for everyone this fall and winter season. It looks great with light grays, black, navy, winter whites, and khaki. I have a cranberry merino turtleneck that I absolutely am in love with. Paired under a khaki suit, it makes an incredibly strong statement of class and refinement, mixed with holiday cheer.

All the big designers are making handbags and shoes, among other accessories, in cranberry this season. It's the perfect pop of color for any occasion.

Cranberry - it's more than a garnish to turkey!

In celebration of cranberry, I've included a special recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients

Ice
10 fresh cranberries, chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 lime wedges
1/3 to a 1/2 a cup cachaça

Directions
Fill a rocks glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, using a wooden spoon, muddle the cranberries with the sugar, water and 1 of the lime wedges. Add the cachaça and a handful of ice and shake well. Strain into the glass, garnish with the remaining lime wedge and serve.

No comments: