Thursday, March 12, 2009

spring colour trends

I love when things work out for both men and women in fashion - it makes things so much easier for us all, especially those of us who actually care how our photographs of us with our friends may look in a few years. I'm not saying I'm a fan of the whole "matchy matchy everyone wears something from the same colour scheme or fabric pattern"...but I like things that are aesthetically pleasing.

So this spring, I'm loving that the bigger designers and more reputable houses are showing similar colours. Of course, spring whites in all shades (from eggshell, ecru, french white, to stark white), sherberts (like raspberry, lemon, lime, orange), and aquamarines (aqua, teal, turquoise, sea foam).

When in doubt - remember, what'd you see in nature? What'd you see in the foods of the season? Fresh, inviting colours and soft, whispy fabrics.

Spring in to good fashion with the best colours, and all will be well.

Oh before I forget - I'm loving greens of all shades. From the lightest, pale celeries, to the deep grass greens, to darker hunters and pines. Again - cues from nature are your safest, surefire bet.

No comments: